Instagram Has Returned Invalid Data
If you are using the standard Instagram Widget on certain areas of your website (such as the Footer Widget area or Sidebar(s)) and your Instagram Widget is showing the "Instagram has returned invalid data." error, please read the following.
Instagram is gradually restricting the use of its public API key due to general misuse and privacy policies updates, which means all users will be affected by this change by early 2020.
To continue displaying Instagram images on your website areas, such as Footer Widgets or Sidebar(s), there are two solutions.
Use a #hashtag to call your images
- Add a hashtag to (all) your Instagram images which resembles your username. For instance, #username.
- Go to your WordPress dashboard: Appearance > Widgets.
- Find the Instagram Widget in the respective area you have placed it, and enter your new hashtag to call your images, then save changes.
Create a new Instagram feed in Elementor using our Ocean Instagram Widget
- Go to your WordPress dashboard: Theme Panel > My Library.
- Create an Instagram feed template in Elementor using our Ocean Instagram Widget which uses tokens, save and publish.
- Insert the new Instagram feed on your website using Ocean Hooks, or
- Insert the new Instagram feed using shortcodes. You can insert the shortcode on widget areas (such as sidebars using the Text Widget) or on certain pages and/or blog posts using the OceanWP settings Shortcode section. (Open the respective page or blog post in WordPress, scroll down to OceanWP settings and find the section Shortcodes.)