How to Enable AMP for OceanWP
As of version 1.8.7, the OceanWP theme supports AMP integration, and is also officially recognized as an AMP-friendly theme by the Google Web Ecosystem. Learn more about AMP for WordPress Ecosystem.
This doc explains what AMP plugin to install, how to set it up, as well as the general usage and functionality of the AMP feature.
AMP enables web experiences that are consistently fast, beautiful and high-performing across distribution platforms. AMP formerly stood for “Accelerated Mobile Pages”, but now works completely across desktop and mobile.
Install AMPP Plugin
The OceanWP theme is compatible with the official AMP plugin for WordPress.
- Go to your WordPress dashboard, Plugins > Add New,
- Install and activate the AMP plugin.
Set Up AMP
Once the AMP plugin has been installed, you can proceed with the setup.
- Go to your WordPress dashboard, AMP > General,
- Follow the setup wizard and set the Template Mode to Transitional. You can find out more about different modes and how they work here.
- Enabling Serve all templates as AMP regardless of what is being queried is optional. You can disable/enable AMP for each individual page/post directly from the document panel in WordPress editor.
AMP General Usage Guide
OceanWP Theme and AMP
AMP functions well with all content types.
1. Desktop Menu: functions well with all header styles.
2. Mobile Menu: functions with Dropdown and Full Screen mobile menu styles (Appearance > Customize > Header > Mobile Menu).
The Sidebar mobile menu style will not function with AMP.
3. Menu Search: functions well with all search styles.
Note that while we’ve added AMP compatibility to OceanWP, there are other features of our demos or third-party plugins that may not work in AMP. Please refer to the AMP plugins or respective third-party plugin support forums if you find such features don’t function in AMP URLs.
WooCommerce, OceanWP theme and AMP
WooCommerce works well with AMP for all OceanWP theme locations.
1. Quick View,
2. Ajax Add to Cart,
3. Floating bar.
Ocean AMP-Friendly Website Demo Templates
At the current moment, OceanWP has four AMP-friendly (non-Elementor) website demo templates you can use to speed up the website building process:
Some considerations using AMP on your OceanWP site
- While we’ve made the OceanWP theme AMP compatible if you’re using some of our Elementor-based demos, note that Elementor is not fully AMP compatible. This is outside the control of OceanWP.
- If you wish to test out or view your AMP URLs using OceanWP you can follow the supporting guide on the AMP plugins website.