Title - OceanWP Settings
Using the Title feature of the OceanWP Settings, you can manipulate the Page Title area of each of your pages, posts, products, etc per need.
Default (global) Page Title settings are available via Customize > General Options > Page Title.
Available Title options include:
- enable or disable the Page Title area,
- enable or disable the Heading (Page Title name),
- add custom Page Title name,
- add custom subheading (Page subtitle),
- choose a different Page Title style.
Display Page Title - Title OceanWP Settings
The Display Page Title feature allows you to control the Page Title area of any page, post, product, etc.
Default (global) Page Title settings are established via Customize > General Options > Page Title.
Display Page Title feature has 3 options:
- Default: inherit default Page Title settings via Customize > General Options > Page Title.
- Enable: allows you to enable the Page Title area even if disabled in the Customizer.
- Disable: allows you to disable the Page Title area.
Display Heading - Title OceanWP Settings
The Display Heading feature allows you to enable or disable the display of the page's name. This means that the entire Page Title area is visible, but the name of the page itself is not. This feature can be useful if you wish to display breadcrumbs only (breadcrumbs are displayed in the Page Title area).
The Display Heading feature has 3 options:
- Default: inherit default Page Title settings from the Customizer.
- Enable: display the Page's name if disabled by default.
- Disable: disable the Page's name display if enabled by default.
Custom Page Title - Title OceanWP Settings
The Custom Page Title feature allows you to display a custom Page name.
Let's say, you want the main articles page to remain Blog for all intents and purposes (SEO, breadcrumbs, etc). However, on the front end, you would like to display something catchier than simply "Blog".
By typing in your custom text in the Custom Page Title area, you can rename any page without affecting the real page's name, breadcrumbs, etc. In this way, instead of the word "Blog" you can display "My amazing posts".
To delete your custom Page Title name and use the default one, simply delete your text from the Custom Page Title area.
Important: the Custom Page Title area does not support HTML tags. If you add any HTML tags, it will be displayed as plain text on the frontend.
Subheading - Title OceanWP Settings
By default, most pages will not display any page subheading (subtitle).
Using the Subtitle feature of your Title OceanWP Settings, you can add your own page subheadings or change existing subheadings of pages that do display them (for example, the main Shop page displays the subheading: This is where you can add products to your store).
By typing in your custom text in the Subheading area, you can add your custom subheading.
To delete your custom Subheading, simply delete your text from the Subheading area.
Important: the Subheading area does not support HTML tags. If you add any HTML tags, it will be displayed as plain text on the front end.
Title Style - Title OceanWP Settings
The Title Style feature allows you to control the Page Title style of any page, post, product, etc.
Default (global) Page Title Style settings are established via Customize > General Options > Page Title, from the Style dropdown.
The Title Style feature has 6 options available:
- Default: inherit style settings from the Customizer.
- Default Style: use OceanWP default style, where the Heading (and subheading are displayed on the left, breadcrumbs on the right (reverse order for RTL languages)).
- Centered: Heading, subheading (if displayed) and breadcrumbs (if displayed) are in the center.
- Centered Minimal: the same as Centered, but default options include less padding on top and bottom of the entire Page Title are (users can add own values)
- Background Image: instead of color, the Page's featured image (if any) is used as the background image or a new image can be assigned. The main background image (to use across the entire website if no featured images are available) is set in the Customizer. Additional text, color and image settings available per need.
- Solid Color and White Text: the style in regards to the placement of the elements is the same as with the Default Style, except you can choose the background color while the text remains white. This option is not available in the Customizer as a separate styling option.
Enjoy building your website!